The Smokers Apron is designed to protect the smoker from burns and stop cigarettes or ash making contact with clothing, furniture or bedding.
The Smokers Apron is fastened to the smoker with an adjustable neck strap to hold it safely in place, but can be quickly removed if necessary, to smother a fire. It has a large area of protection and side panels to prevent cigarettes from slipping between the chair and the smoker.
- Provides protection to the front of the body, upper and lower legs (full length protection)
- May also be used to provide protection to a patient or resident on their bed, as in a Hospice where the smoker’s bed is moved to the smoking room
- Made from fire retardant Kevlar and Nomex material (used for fire-fighters tunics), which is an extremely robust material that is designed to char but will not ignite, melt or drip in open flame. The charred areas may crumble when garment is cindered
Made from Nomex with TI- Technology;
- Does not restrict normal movements
- Excellent protection
- Does not shrink, melt or drip in open flame
- No toxic fumes, no tar deposits
- Machine washable at 60°C and can be Tumble Dried at 70°C complying with Infection Control
Temperature of the Lit Cigarette;
- Temperature without drawing – Side of the lit portion: 400°C
- Temperature without drawing – Middle of the lit portion: 580°C
- Temperature during drawing – Middle of the lit portion: 700°C
The above temperatures represent the average and can be considered accurate to within 50°C
If a cigarette is not removed from the apron within a few seconds the apron may be stained by nicotine or scorched by the heat which can be up to 600°C from a cigarette. Always monitor the patient or resident if they are at risk of injury from smoking.