This course is designed to equip learners with the basic knowledge of safety practices within their organisation. It will outline general principles of safety and explain the responsibilities and requirements under current health and safety legislation. The course is suitable all staff members.
Learners who complete this course will have the skills and competence to fulfil their responsibilities in relation to health and safety. This will provide for safety conscious staff and a safe working environment.
- At the end of the course, learners have an understanding of the importance of being risk aware in the workplace and be able to identify hazards, assess risks and help in the implementation of controls.
- Know employee and employer responsibilities under current Health & Safety legislation.
English is the language in which training is delivered and learners must have fluency in English.
- Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Safety Health & Welfare at Work General Application Regulations 2007.
- Hazard identification.
- Risk assessment.
- Safety Statement.
- Classroom based power-point presentation.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will receive a Phoenix STS Certificate.
Who Should Attend This Course?
Any staff member.