As the Fire Safety Manager you will be a focus point for all fire safety matters within the Designated Centre. The role of Fire Safety Manager is primarily a managerial role suitable for a senior managers. The role does not necessitate the duty holder to possess fire safety competencies provided that they have sufficient access to Competent Fire Safety Advice (Fire Safety Consultant). This Course will enable you to competently fulfil your role and have suitable support structures in place.
All our instructors have work experience in fire safety within healthcare and are evacuation aid instructors. The course instructor will detail all the essential duties and roles of a Residential Care Fire Safety Manager such as;
- The key steps in fire safety management.
- Understanding Evacuation types such as single stage, progressive horizontal, vertical and delayed evacuation.
- The evacuation of residents with limited mobility.
- Management and staff responsibilities.
- The implementation of the Nursing Homes fire safety programme and fire drills.
- What is the meaning of a designated area.
- The steps to take to put an Emergency Management System in place.
- Dealing with outside contractors and controlling of Hot Work Permits.