The Pool Rescue Manikin is a revolutionary new product designed to innovate the way lifeguard training is conducted. This product brings together different elements of lifeguard training, allowing trainees to seamlessly practise different techniques without needing to switch between different equipment or live volunteers.
Features & Benefits;
- Carefully designed and tested to create realistic buoyancy – it will sink yet is buoyant enough to float when being towed. It will feel like an ‘unconscious’ person in the water
- A more realistic challenge compared to using live volunteers who may try to subconsciously ‘assist’ the trainee
- The use of a manikin can reduce the need to use volunteers in training scenarios, thereby avoiding potential injury and any embarrassment caused by close personal contact
- Greatly improves performance – trainers can easily spot weaknesses such as slow towing, as the manikin’s legs will start to sink if a consistent speed is not maintained
- Flexible arms, reinforced with strong webbing allow the arms to be raised aloft, letting lifeguards practice hauling the ‘victim’ from the water using correct lifting techniques
- No need to switch from plastic dummy to real volunteer part way through training – this manikin can be fetched from the bottom of the pool, towed to the side and recovered from the water – promoting more realistic and more effective training, ultimately making lifeguards even better!
- Constructed using a reinforced Nylon mesh which allows water ingress, meaning the manikin will sink when placed in water
- Mesh allows for ventilation and rapid draining when the manikin is retrieved from the water
- Detailed care instructions will be provided with the manikin