Refresher training is essential for all first aider’s, it ensures that they keep up to date with developments in first aid practice while refreshing skills that may only be intermittently used.
Qualified occupational first aider or who’s certification for occupational first aid lapses, (if lapse is less than 3 months).
- First Aid in the workplace.
- Respiratory Emergencies.
- Cardiac First Response.
- Wounds and Bleeding.
- Altered levels of consciousness.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries.
- Burns and Scalds, Chemicals, Poison, Electrical Shock.
- Participants who have completed this course will have a good understanding of
- The responsibilities of the occupational first aider.
- Health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
- How to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid.
- How to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- How to co-ordinate first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Participants will be awarded a level 5 FETAC Certificate following an assessment by an examiner, a legally recognised qualification.
Certification Valid For;
Who Should Attend This Course?
Any qualified occupational first aider or whose certification for occupational first aid lapses, 1 day retraining required (if lapse is less than 3 months, otherwise full 3 day retraining required “Guidelines on First Aid at Places of Work”).
All participants will receive course hand-out.
Phoenix Safety Training Services is registered with the Irish Heart Foundation as an approved training site and with OFAAA as an Occupational First Aid training provider.