This course equips the lay rescuer with the skills necessary to respond to a victim of sudden cardiac arrest. The course is video based and recognized by the Irish Heart Foundation and the American Heart Association
- Adult CPR.
- Child CPR.
- Use of Mask-Adult/Child.
- Introduction Automated External Defibrillator.(AED)
- Infant CPR.
- Use of Mask-Infant.
- Infant Choking.
- Phoning for help.
- Participants who have completed this course will have a good understanding of
- Providing emergency First Aid.
- Identifying and treating an adult victim of sudden cardiac arrest by providing CPR.
- Treating an adult victim of choking to Irish Heart Foundation and American Heart Association guidelines.
Following an assessment by an examiner, participants will be awarded the Irish Heart Foundation CPR Certificate Card.
Course attendees must complete a 10 minute revalidation session every 3 months.
Certification Valid For
Who Should Attend?
Employees or anyone who requires a basic understanding of first aid and what procedures to follow in emergency situations.
All participants will receive American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR manual with student CD and CPR pocket mask.
Phoenix Safety Training Services is registered with the Irish Heart Foundation as an approved training site and with OFAAA as an Occupational First Aid training provider.