Having a designated Fire Warden – Marshal in your workplace is an important part of the overall fire safety plan for your building. The Fire Warden – Marshal training course will provide you with the necessary information and training required to be a qualified Fire Warden – Marshal. By the end of this course, you will be fully prepared to fulfil your role as a Fire Warden – Marshal. Like with all thing in life when it comes to fire “prevention is always better than the cure”.
The course instructor will detail all the essential duties and role of a Fire Warden – Marshal such as what is meaning of a designated area, evacuation of people with limited mobility, who must a Fire Warden – Marshal report to, what are management responsibilities and fire drills. The Fire Warden – Marshal training course will give you an understanding of fire hazards within the workplace and what fire safety arrangements can be put in place to manage the risk. The instructor will emphasise the dangers of fire, the importance of prevention and the necessity of urgent action when a fire breaks out. Each learner will have an opportunity for hands-on-experience in the safe use of portable fire extinguisher.
What is the Role of a Fire Warden – Marshal?
- Fire Wardens – Marshals ensure there is a focal point for staff when it comes to fire safety,
- The Fire Warden – Marshal essentially will be the “eyes and ears” within a designated area but will not have an enforcing role,
- They will report any fire safety issues identified to the Fire Safety Manager.
The Fire Warden – Marshal should;
- Act as the focal point on Fire Safety Awareness issues for staff within their designated area,
- Organise and assist in the fire safety regime within their designated area,
- Raise issues regarding fire safety with their Line Management and Fire Safety Manager,
- Support the Fire Safety Manager and Line Managers in their role to put in place Fire Safety Procedures,
- Report deficiencies in fire precautions to Fire Safety Manager,
- Assist with coordination of the response to an incident within their designated area or immediate vicinity, help with the evacuation of people with limited mobility with evacuation aids.
- Gives Fire Wardens – Marshals the skill and knowledge required to carry out their duties in a safe and effective manner.
- Be able to assist in an evacuation.
- The safety of staff and visitors.
- Know what to do in the event of a fire.
- Be able to identify hazards in the workplace.
- The prevention of fire.
- The effective reaction to a fire.
- The safe use of fire extinguishers.
- List the duties and role of a Fire Warden – Marshal.
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace.
- Give Fire Wardens – Marshals a better understanding of a fire risk assessment process.
- Enable Fire Wardens – Marshals to identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
- Ensure fire equipment is inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Be able to advise members of staff on action to take in the event of an emergency.
- Understand the types and use of portable fire extinguisher.
English is the language in which training is delivered and learner must have a fluency in English. Please let us know if learners have any specific learner requirements.
- Fire safety legislation (over view).
- Management responsibilities.
- Duties of the fire warden.
- Role of fire wardens.
- Record keeping.
- Chemistry, spread and class of fire.
- Portable fire extinguishers.
- Fixed firefighting systems.
- Fire detection and alarm systems.
- Emergency lighting system.
- Fire prevention.
- Escape routes.
- Fire doors.
- Emergency procedures.
- Assisting the fire brigade.
- Evacuation aids.
- Classroom based power-point presentation.
- Fire safety walkabout of the work area.
- Use of portable fire extinguisher.
- Upon successful completion of this course, learners will receive a Phoenix STS Fire Warden – Marshal Certification.
- Thereafter course refreshment is recommended after 2 years.
Who Should Attend
A Fire Warden – Marshal Training Course is suitable for anyone who will be taking on the role of Fire Warden – Marshal, or anyone that is appointed as a Fire Warden – Marshal in their workplace.
- Course handout.
- The portable fire extinguisher used for demonstration purposes are included on this course at no extra charge.