A Fire Door is a life safety device in any building, a fire door inspection must assess the door, report on findings and where necessary, correct any issues.
Fire Door Inspection;
- Labels are clearly visible and legible
- No open holes or breaks exist in surfaces of either the door or frame
- Glazing, vision light frames, and glazing beads are intact and securely fastened in place if so equipped
- The door, frame, hinges, hardware and non-combustible threshold are secured, aligned, and in working order with no visible signs of damage
- No parts are missing or broken.
- Door clearances do not exceed 3 to 4 mm
- The self-closing device is operational; that is, the active door completely closes when operated from the fully open position.
- If a coordinator is installed, the inactive leaf closes before the active leaf
- Latching hardware operates and secures the door when it is in the closed position
- Auxiliary hardware items, which interfere or prohibit operation, are not installed on the door and frame
- No modifications to the door assembly have been performed that void the label
- Meeting edge protection, gaskets and edge seals, where required, are inspected to verify their presence and integrity
- Signage affixed to a door meets requirements