The Bariatric Evacuation Mat is a wall mounted wipe clean flexible stretcher with full CE Certification that can be used to evacuate bariatric patient, resident or people. with colour coded cross straps which keep the individual securely cocooned and the body weight held in place, making the movement of the EvacMat more stable
The Bariatric Evacuation Mat is designed to assist designated moving and handling staff and the emergency services personnel to evacuate bariatric patient, resident or people from locations such as a hospital ward, nursing homes, public buildings or private homes in the event of an emergency.
- Can assist with the horizontal or vertical evacuation.
- Tough slippery base enables the Bariatric EvacMat to be moved over any surface; indoor or outdoor.
- The occupant is securely held and cocooned in place.
- Coloured code cross straps.
- Four side ladder handles and short positioning handles.
- Head and foot ladder handles.
- Four anchor points.
- Easy clean after use.
Safe load tested to over 500kg with a manufacturer’s recommended maximum load of 350kg with a minimum of 6 rescuers using the Bariatric EvacMat. You should liaise with your manual handling advisor about forming a policy on how many staff should be available to use this product.
How to Use the Bariatric Evacuation Mat
- The occupant is wrapped in their bedding (if in bed).
- Secure coloured code cross straps over the occupant.
- Slide off the mattress using the handles. There is no need to lift, just guide and control the Bariatric EvacMat, foot end first off the mattress, and let gravity do the work.
- Pull the occupant to safety once on the floor.
- On stairs, very little pull is required to move the Bariatric EvacMat.
- Packed: 64cm x 37cm x 37cm.
- Unrolled: 230cm x 244cm.
- Material: Flame Retardant anti-bacterial PVC, Polyethene base Board.
- Weight 9kg.
- Working Load Limit: 350kg.
Certified Training Courses Can Be Arranged.