This half-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills of how to inspect, select and mount abrasive wheels.
To provide learners with an understanding of what abrasive wheels are and the precautions taken for safe use to comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) (Amendment) Regulations 2016 (S.I. No. 36 of 2016).
On successful completion of this course learners will;
- Understand what abrasive wheels are.
- Understand the legislation in relation to abrasive wheels.
- Know what the marking relates to on an abrasive wheel.
- Know how to inspect, handle and store an abrasive wheel.
- Know what a ring test is and how to carry one out.
- Be able to identify damage and the causes of, to an abrasive wheel.
- Know the different components of abrasive wheel equipment.
- Know how to mount, dress, and true an abrasive wheel.
- English is the language in which training is delivered and learners must have fluency in English.
- Please let us know if learners have any specific learner requirements.
- What are abrasive wheels?
- Methods of marking.
- Inspection, handling, storage and transporting of abrasive wheels.
- Hazards, risks, and controls.
- Mounting, dressing and trueing.
- Classroom-based power-point presentation.
- Case studies
- Practical sessions
- Each learner also receives a full-colour handout
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will receive a Phoenix STS Certificate of Completion.
Who Should Attend This Course?
The course is suitable for all staff who use abrasive wheels.